Clinical Launch & Ongoing Support
A highly effective proton center must open ready to treat patients with the following: the highest quality standards, a competent and well-recruited physician staff, a comprehensive medical program in place, treatment protocols and guidelines for prospective disease sites, and a research platform for clinical trial participation. Proton International is comprehensive in providing all these services.
The Tasks in Clinical Leadership:
- Support of the Medical Director in reviewing and evaluating competency and training needs
- Development of a recruitment plan for additional physician and recruitment assistance
- Early evaluation of diagnosis to be treated based on existing practice patterns and anticipated regional draw
- Development of clinical protocols for expected disease sites
- On going medical consulting and oversight
- Integration of existing programs into clinical research program with PCG and NCI initiatives
- Proton International Help Desk: on-going access to physics and Dosimetry expertise
Clinic Infrastructure, Operations and Clinic Launch
The Tasks in Clinic Infrastructure, Operations and Clinic Launch
- Define and implement end-to-end patient flow process from first point of contact through patient under beam. Workflow includes clinical and financial contact, clnical nursing, dosimetry, medical physics, RTT.
- Ensure systems/staff are ready to receive first referral.
- Assist with the development and implementation of clinical trial and research capabilities through integration with other proton centers and available cooperative proton research programs.
- Identify ancillary services needs (labs, nutritionists, PT, social services, etc), and work with local providers to determine logistics.
- Assist with implementation of, and provide training for system applications (OIS, billing, treatment delivery, etc)
- Evaluate current work flow processes of partners and incorporate into new centers where applicable (OIS, billing, treatment delivery, etc)
- Outsourced Contracts – Secure service provider contracts (anesthesiology, housekeeping, snow removal, medical waste, etc)
- Provide infrastructure for populating center Policy and Procedure Manual
- Help establish a system for Quality Management Review, including key quality metrics
- Tools for compliance risk assessment and program effectiveness measures, including compliance awareness survey
- Auditing and monitoring tools
- Support / assist with accreditation/licensing processes (ACR, ACRO, COG, State and local health departments). Provide technical support for MD, Nursing, RTT, Intake, Billing, Insurance, etc).
Business Operations and Organizational Set Up
- Oversee or support in the selection of key Director level staff, and provide guidance on the hiring qualifications and certifications of all other center staff
- Reporting / Metrics: setup a system of metrics and reporting to enable management of the business.
Ongoing Operational Support Services: Site Manager
Proton International will provide dedicated site support from first patient treatment forward. We will provide a full time Site Manager on your location to manage the various activities covered in our ongoing support agreement. This individual is dedicated to serve the needs of your center and be a key asset to the organizational learning required for world class proton therapy.
The Tasks of the Site Manager:
- Oversight and coordination of all proton equipment service contracts .
- Oversight and responsibility for all proton system issues and performance improvements.
- Primary point of contact with proton equipment supplier.
- Site specific project management support as needed (intake, re-imbursement, process improvement, technology, etc)
- Site reporting on any significant downtime events and corrective action.
- Oversight and coordination of research protocols conducted in partnership with other proton centers.
- Coordination and access to other resources in the network to determine and share best practice.
- KPI reporting on all critical system performance metrics as determined by your center.
- Coordination of on-going physics quality and commissioning services and oversight of all quality equipment calibration and maintenance.
- Oversight and coordination of any third party contracted services related to the operation of the proton center.
Proton Equipment Service Contract Coverage
The Service Contract Includes:
- Costs for all personnel needed to operate and maintain the proton system .
- Costs for all spare parts utilized in the proton system.
- Travel expenses, hotel and living allowance for any required personnel.
- All tools and equipment required for monitoring, operation, and maintenance of the proton system.
- All consumables and supplies required for monitoring, operation and maintenance of the proton system .
- We will provide an onsite system operation team responsible for non-clinical operation of the proton system as needed for patient treatments.
- On site personnel will perform all system start up, daily operation and shut down.
- On site personnel will identify and log all component failures and corrective actions.
- Assure that the proton system meets all applicable safety and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for communicating with the necessary regulatory authorities as the manufacturer and service provider of the proton system.
- Spare parts most critical to daily operations will be maintained on site or near by the facility for rapid repair if needed.
- All system software and hardware upgrades required for the purchased treatment configuration are included in the maintenance agreement.
- Assurance that system maintains guaranteed uptime as contracted.